Pages

Followers

Sunday, April 12, 2015

The Reward...

Things are so very different now.  I am creating because I feel like creating not because I have a project due.  It is a wonderful feeling.  I have to say my Mojo has still perhaps taken a bit of a vacation but will hopefully recover soon.
As I was looking through some challenge blog I came across one with this photo for inspiration
Stamp Art Papel
Ages ago I bought a set of Dies and 3D images by Yvonne's Creations.
I have never used them and this just spoke to me...

The reward of a thing well done is to have done it.
I put together this masculine card using a bunch of different mediums for texture.
Paper is Tim Holtz and DCWV. Dies are Yvonnes & Cheery Lane. Metal placard is Tim Holtz. Wooden Gears are from Creative Expressions and the stamp as well as ink are Close to My Heart C1606 A thing well done.
I would like to enter this card in the following Challenges...
Scrap Art Papel - #42  WINNER YAH
Eclectic Ellapu -  Out of Your Comfort Zone*
Brown Sugar  #141 - Distress
Simply Papercraft -# 2 Freestyle/Steampunk
Whimsy Inspiration- #81 Use A Die Cut
Digi Choosday Challenge #14 - Use a Die
TTCRD challenge, April 7- April 13
Try Stampin on Tuesday- #213
post signature

16 comments:

  1. Hi Carmen, I have really been enjoying collage types of cards lately, mainly because it's a vastly different approach to how I design, but I want to try it! Seeing cards like your beautiful one this week for our TSOT challenge really inspires me! Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, A lovely project, I love the image and the colour choice. A lovely style. Thank you for joining us this fortnight. Simply Papercrafts Good luck. We would love to see you again for our next challenge.
    Chrissy (Challenge Blog Owner)
    Be Crafty and Craft

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carmen...don't think your mojo has any trouble...this is so neat!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Try Stampin' or Not on Tuesday. Hope to see you again! xx Sandi Lee

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great "guy" card, Carmine. Your combination of textures and colors is great. Thank you for joining us in the Through The Craft Room Door challenge this week.

    Hugz,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carmen,
    I love how different your card is: the collage design and distressed nature of it is so wonderful. Love all of the gears and the playing card influence is so much fun! Thanks for joining in the fun over at Try Stampin' On Tuesday. Please join us again, soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bienvenida a nuestro RETARTE! es una tarjeta preciosa...me encanta...gracias por participar y esperamos seguirte viendo! Paula, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful masculine card, I love the texture. Thank you for joining us this week for our distress challenge at Brown Sugar. Karal DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank-you for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week Carmen, Gorgeous card! hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this, fabulous project hun - Thank you for sharing with us over at Eclectic Ellapu this month and hope to see you again in future challenges.

    Handcrafted by Ellapu
    Mother Hen for Altered Eclectics
    Mother Hen for Eclectic Ellapu
    DT Rhedd's Creative Spirit
    DT The Mirror Crack'd
    DT Anything but a Card

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a cool project! I'm glad you brought the king out of hiding and gave him such a good home! Love all the metallic elements and the great dimension. Thanks for sharing at Eclectic Ellapu! Have fun creating what you want to create!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this quirky creation, thanks for joining the Pink Team at Eclectic Ellapu this month. Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Hun and thanks for playing at Eclectic Ellapu this month, I hope you come back soon! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great card, and I love all of the different elements you added to it! By the way, I've started weekly challenges on my blog, so come on over and join me some time! I love your creativeness!

    Jeannie T.

    ReplyDelete